Let’s be honest, I was distracted this week. I could try to go back and capture what I was grateful for each day but instead, here’s what I know for sure:
- I, like all other American’s, am indebted to President Obama. And unlike some, I am grateful to both he and Mrs. Obama for their leadership these last 8 years.
- I appreciate that I could work and skip the entire inauguration speech and proceedings.
- I am grateful for freedom of speech…even if it is in danger, I will use it as long as I can.
- I am grateful for the ladies who got together with me on Inauguration night to commiserate and talk.
- I am grateful for Saturday…for the march, for the people, for the diversity, for the sage, for the camaraderie, and for my legs that made it work.
- I am grateful for dinner with Annett and Freed and another chance to be in connection with my community.
- I am grateful for a day to unwind and think about only the things that feel valuable to me today. (Sorry work…you lose!)
- I am grateful for a warm bed, a full fridge, and two sweet furry friends to share life with.