For the last 2 days I’ve been trying something new. I have been answering the question “What do I love?”
I jot down (either in a notebook or via the notes on my phone to be copied into the notebook later) things that make me smile, laugh, bring me joy, make me feel grateful or inspire more love. The person who I got the idea from suggested using all your doodling time to make lists of things you love including music, books, movies, colors, designers, artists, etc. She also suggested really LOOKING for things that you love in your day and that make you feel grateful.
Here is what I know…
Once you start looking for things you love, you can’t miss them. You suddenly see things differently. I no longer settle on finding something about someone else to judge but purposefully look for something lovely about them…and not just physical characteristics. This is also really helping me with my noisy brain. Just giving my subconscious (AKA NOISY) brain something to do while I’m doing the things on my schedule is really providing me with the right amount of activity and distraction.
I hope some of these amazing quotes about gratitude will inspire you!
- Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
- We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. – Thornton Wilder
- At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. -Albert Schweitzer
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.- Oprah Winfrey
- He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. – Epictetus