- Made a playlist called “August Fresh Start”
- Charged new Tarot Cards
- Started a new journal (thank you Francesca)
- Stood outside in the rain (haven’t done that in years!)
- Made my favorite tea in my favorite tea cup (not sure why it took this day to make that happen…but it did!)
- Joined a 31 Day Meditation Challenge
- Started reading a new pile of books including gems by Bell Hooks, John Philip Newell, and others
- Read “Oh the Places You’ll Go” to Pancake on her YouTube channel (then realized I was reading it to me too)
Months ago, when I knew I was going to leave my job, I started the grief process. I knew it was going to be hard to leave my team. To leave something I’d given so much of myself to for 2+ years. To walk away from something I believe in. I’ve cried a lot of tears both alone and with others.
But I also knew I was fighting a losing battle and that leaving was the best and only choice for me.
When I was in the darkest place, my best friend for 25 years said “Shake the dust off your feet!” (because no matter how far we go, we are still just a couple of girls who were raised in church.) In Matthew 10, Jesus says to his disciples:
12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.
So…although I wish them well in all they do, my peace has returned to me.
And now I will focus on what’s next. On resting. On watching for opportunities. On where I want to live. On what I want to do. On moving forward. On myself.
I’m wide awake…for the first time in what feels like a long time.